Feb 29, 2012

Cake pops!

     My crochet blanket is nearly complete.  I simply have to wash it and block it.  I was working on the trim but I have run out of yarn.  Three skeins of yarn later and voila, a blanket.






     At some point you can see where the pattern just dissolved but I don't think a newborn is really going to critique me about it.  I need to wash it, stretch it out and then mail it to the expecting mother!  Since you may read this blog post I won't be mentioning your name but congratulations.

     As for the shawl I'm working on...  Well, I had to pull out about two hours of work today because I dropped a stitch eight lines ago.  Lame.  Very very lame.  I had 200 out of 201 stitches.  Le sigh.  This was the first time I had to pull out quite so many lines so I was quite honestly very reluctant to do so.  Took me four days to work up the gumption and involved picking up and finishing the aforementioned blanket and a book or two at the library but I did it.  Picked up my stitches and getting right back into the swing on knitting.

     When you make a baby blanket everyone needs to know if you are pregnant or if you have kids.  It's a weird way to bring up the topic after I just mentioned I was making a blanket for a friend.  Everyone at work asks.  After I say no, not pregnant nor do I have any children they want to know why?  Why don't I just pop a baby out without regards to its future or well-being?  Because we can't afford a dog right now, not to mention a child.  Children mean more to me than just some duty.  If I can't give a child a good life I don't want one right now.  Don't tell Tad that though, I've been nagging him like crazy just for fun.

     What else have I done?  Cake pops.  Tori and I went cake popping Monday and made adorable, creepy cake pop figurines.  Even though mine started as a cupcake, it is definitely a duck.  Definitely.




     As you can see, the cake pop class was also in a yarn cafe.  Too bad it was so inconvenient to get to.  I'd like to shop there.  Ahh!  I don't need any more yarn yet!  Bad hoarding habits! Bad!

     Back to work and Toastmastering.  Enjoying the only intercalary day in the Gregorian calender by being grumpy and crampy.  Jaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment