May 19, 2010

Revenge of the Slow Days

     Well Tad's back and summer has officially hit Florida.  You can tell because last night as I was driving to the airport to pick up my adorable husband it was drenching everything around in that strong, Florida rain we get.  Not two miles west of me it was dry as a bone.  Turns out while I was dancing to music in the cell phone lot near the International Airport back at the apartment there was a tornado watch from the fury of the storm.  Ah Florida, how I missed your fickle weather patterns.

    Why is this the 'slow days' you might well ask.  Truth is now that Tad's here waking up is set nearer to noon than dawn and it involves a lot of silly videos rather than adventuring.  Not that I am complaining at all.  I only dawdle in bed when I have a giant cuddle-Tad pillow anyways.  I made banana bread although it didn't rise quite as nicely as I had hoped.  Oh well.  I have to stop off for blueberries (on sale finally) and prepare a classic Tad dish: coffee cake.  We don't even drink coffee but it's the only thing I put blueberries in, so there it is.  Blueberries for Tad.

     At the lab we have determined the graduate students don't hear us unworthy undergrads.  We say 'don't use the new copper tubing we have plenty in the other lab' and they hear 'please, cut and fit the new copper tubing so we don't have to worry about having spent 50 bucks on it, haha!'  I'll show off my awesome powerpoint skills next time we have a group meeting again, it's absolutely awesome, bullet points and test!  Let me tell you...

     Despite the inebriation of the declaration, I am planning to read one book a week, from my list if possible.  I am currently working on a sixties sci-fi the Crystal World by J.G. Ballard.  It seems to be set in Africa and has the feel so far of a turn-of-the-century novel rather than the existential and questing sixties sci-fi feel.  I am only 35 pages in though.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment